Search This Blog

Sunday, 17 March 2019

E-Portfolio: My Camp Experience: Blog Post Nico Williams

Learning Objectives:
Level 3
  • Select, form, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use language features appropriately, showing a developing understanding of their effects.
  • Organise texts, using a range of appropriate structures.
  • Show a developing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.


Level 4.
  • Select, develop, and communicate ideas on a range of topics.
  • Use a range of language features appropriately, showing an increasing understanding of their effects.
  • Organise texts. Using a range of appropriate structures.
  • 2Show an increasing understanding of how to shape texts for different purposes and audiences.


Learning goals:
  • To ‘Show, Don’t Tell’ the reader by painting a picture with words.
  • A variety of sentence starters
  • A variety of sentence lengths
  • Edit and rework
  • Effective peer checking and feedback


After afternoon tea me and group seven were going on the terrifying flying kiwi. One of the mum’s
put us to numbers I was number 2 but I actually went last. I don’t know why I went last but i
threw a little tantrum into doing it so my mum talked me in to do it , so I did.


When I got hooked up I was petrified. When the force of the rope pulled me up into the air and
then my heart was beating like a Bugatti or a cannon getting ready to fire. And when I got back
to land I almost fainted.


Student Reflection:
In my writing one of my goals is I used simple and compound sentences in my writing because I
used so and but.
I did/did not show goal here because I didn't re-read my writing and I used lots of "I's" in my
writing.

In my writing, one of my goals is I used lots of so and but and much more.
I did show this goal here I did well because I used lots of simple and compound sentences.



My next step:is not to use so many I's


Teacher Comment:
Nico, your second paragraph in this piece of writing is really good!  I really like the language you have used to add description.  It helps me as the reader create a picture in my mind.  Your next step is to reflect on this paragraph and try to use language like this across all of your writing.  Well done. - Mrs Hunter





No comments:

Post a Comment